Pop 'Em Like They're Hot

Thought I'd share a simple little recipe for homemade jalapeƱo poppers that I borrowed from a friend here on the island. They are super yummy and were especially a big hit with the guys when I made them on Christmas and then again on New Year's Eve.

**update!* I finally re-took the photos for this post. My photography skills from last year were honestly pretty horrid and since this post is pinned so often, I *had* to make them again and take fresh photos. ;) Chris didn't argue on the whole 'making them again' thing.

I've also added the quantities of ingredients and the yield of the recipe below, as it was requested by a few people. Enjoy! **

You will need:
 a can of Pillsbury Crescent dough
about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (give or take, depending on how much you want to use)
1-2 fresh jalapeƱos
and about 3 strips of bacon (if you want... I always want bacon.)

These amounts make 16 poppers.

Oven pre-heated to 350 degrees F.

Chop the jalapeƱos into small pieces. Clean out the seeds. Don't stick your fingers in your eyes or mouth for the rest of the day.

Cut the bacon into pieces and then cook it up. I usually cut it up first cuz then you have nice, neat pieces and it doesn't get too crumbly. Just watch it so it doesn't burn. Unless you like burnt bacon. But that's weird.

Roll out your dough. It's perforated into triangles, but I cut each triangle in half with a pizza cutter and do one popper on each half. Does that make sense? Sorry I didn't take pictures of that part. You can do it without cutting the crescents in half, and they'll just be a little bigger than bite size (and then the recipe will yield 8 larger poppers).

Layer a small dollop of cream cheese, a piece or two of jalapeƱo, and bacon.
You should also see :