Grilled Asian Sweet and Spicy

I know we’re in August and all, but I’m just now getting into grilling! It took me most of the summer to think “yeah, lets use the grill!” and now that I’m all gung ho about it, summer is nearly done.

I do believe this happened one time years ago where I wanted something Christmas related in June. I don’t really remember the specific details, but there was definitely a lot of Pandora Christmas station playing. My husband REALLY loved me then.

ANYWAYS, do you feel like chicken tonight {like chicken tonight!}? Please tell me you remember that commercial too!!

I have got the be-all-end-all best chicken recipe on the planet today. And it’s all thanks to this Asian BBQ sauce I came up with a while back to go onto this recipe.  I remembered that sauce one evening whilst I was looking at my condiments in my fridge. {Don’t you do that every Tuesday night too?} So, I made it immediately Wednesday morning and used it on some chicken skewers! Super simple to do, very easy to throw together and marinate all day AND, they take no time at all to cook and are done in 10 minutes or less. Amazing and super tasty meal for you!

INGREDIENTS:
1 recipe Asian BBQ sauce
2-3 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 cup brown rice
2 1/8 cup water
salt

DIRECTIONS:
Mix half the Asian BBQ sauce together with the cut chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes to marinate.

While that is marinating, rinse rice, then pour into medium pot with water and salt. Cover, bring to boil, reduce to simmer for 30-40 minutes or until rice is cooked completely.

Once chicken has marinated, stick a wooden skewer down the center of each and grill 3-5 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked. Serve with remaining BBQ sauce over brown rice.