Peppermint Mocha Kahlua Truffles

I made my yearly trip into the liquor store this weekend for a bottle of wine to take to our work Christmas party. However, this year I was organized enough to purchase a cute wine bag from Target because last year’s bag from the liquor store was a bit unfortunate. Let’s just say it was covered in gold foil and grapes.

Every single time I walk into that store I’m drawn to the aisle with the mini bottles of liqueurs all lined up in pretty little rows. I’m not much a drinker, but I have a pretty impressive stash of mini bottles because I’m kind of a fan infusing these sugary spirits into baked goods. Nothing struck my fancy this time, so I headed to the checkout with Brian.

I caught a glimmer of red foil out of the corner of my eye and immediately honed in on a little bottle of something that was sure to be fun and festive. I hopped out of line and proceeded to an end cap that housed Peppermint Mocha Kahlua – jack pot! I hurried back up to the counter where I was welcomed by Brian’s shaking head and the cashier asking to see my driver’s license – which is always a welcomed bonus!

As we drove to the party I started planning the future for my Kahlua and immediately thought – Peppermint Mocha Truffles. I wanted to kick up the mint flavor a bit, so I added in pieces of chopped Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips. I decided to forgo my typical roll in sweetened cocoa powder and instead opted for some gorgeous chocolate jimmies that I picked up at King Arthur Flour. Simple, delicious and full of festive flavors – what more could you ask for?


YOU SHOULD ALSO SEE :